How Can We Help?
Replacing Rx that was already picked up
Note: Once a patient picks up the Rx they accept that prescription.
However, if it truly is a provider error or the patient is experiencing an adverse reaction, we can consider replacing switching from Suboxone to Subutex or from tabs to films.
- VAs will inform/confirm with the provider :
- If the prescribing provider is ok with sending a new Rx if the patient is complaining about their current Rx due to adverse effects, ex: from tabs to films or from Suboxone to Subutex.
- If it is a provider error when the previous Rx and Hx is Subutex but they sent suboxone, VAs will inform providers that the patient already picked up Rx and the Hx.
- VAs will inform the provider, that they will obtain video proof first from patient before they can send the new RX or replacement.
- Once approved by the provider, VA will send instructions to the patient on where to properly dispose of the wrong Rx with video proof.
- Once VAs receive video proof, only then will they prompt the provider to send the new Rx.